building a wooden sup 2

I have brought the board outside, so you can have a look at the inner structure


I am making a lot of progress with my board, my goal is the make a board from leftovers. I know it will be heavier than it should be, but i am saving a lot of weight to cut everything as thin as possible. I also drilled some holes in the ribs.


This is the rear of the board, notice that I installed a plug so that later I can ventilate the board.

sanding,sanding

the fin is also finished, I don't like it as it is.  If I got some more extra time  I would like to add a few more strips to make it bigger.

the bottom is also finished, because i don't want to buy any wood all the strips have been cut from leftovers.
pfff a lot of work.

Here you can see that the bottom isn't all the way flat, towards the nose the board is round.  

the more clamps the better, i also used a paint bucket to add some weight to keep the strips in place.
building a hollow wooden sup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Dog Bed , part 2

Crane Operator takes stunning photos

painting "throw off those bowlines"